Gatan has been developing and refining electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) and energy-filtered TEM (EFTEM) systems for almost a quarter century. Gatan EELS and EFTEM hardware and software products have consistently defined the commercial state of the art in this field. Signals captured and analyzed with Gatan systems for analytical TEM yield a wealth of information about samples probed by a transmitted electron beam, including sample thickness, elemental and chemical composition, electronic structure and energy levels, frequency-dependent dielectric response, and even element-specific radial distribution of atoms.
In addition to its EELS and EFTEM product lines, Gatan also offers a variety of products to enhance and support scanning-mode TEM (STEM) analysis, including digital beam scan and imaging systems, STEM detectors optimized for the STEM EELS technique, EDS data acquisition and analysis software, and spectral imaging and analysis software.
Post-Column TEM Energy Filters
- First high-speed, simultaneous EDS and EELS maps at atomic resolution achieved! (Press Release) NEW
- High-Speed EELS Composition Analysis, in DualEELS Mode, of Metal Alloy Ohmic Contacts for the Fabrication of III-V MOSFET Devices NEW
- Fast STEM spectrum-imaging using simultaneous EELS and EDS in Gatan Microscopy Suite NEW
- Atomic Level EELS Mapping Using High Energy Edges in DualEELS™ Mode
- Fast simultaneous acquisition of low- and core-loss regions in the EELS spectrum from catalyst particles containing the heavy metals Au and Pd using the GIF Quantum®
- The use of MLLS fitting approach to resolve overlapping edges in the EELS spectrum at the atomic level
- EELS: A tool for investigating biological materials