GIF Tridiem® 863 Upgrade to Gatan Microscopy Suite® 2
Advanced Support for Imaging Filters and Spectrometers.
The software for the GIF Tridiem® 863 has been completely updated in GMS 2. New functionality, improved automation and increased ease of use make for a much smoother and more efficient user experience. In the new software all regular set-up and acquisition functionality is accessible from a new and streamlined AutoFilter® palette, allowing all steps from filter alignment through to final data acquisition to be performed easily.
- Gatan Microscopy Suite® 2: The new GIF Tridiem® user-experience is part of the Gatan Microscopy Suite® (GMS) 2 . This new generation of the GMS 2 supports the Windows 7 operating system and comes in both 32-bit and 64- bit versions. The support of Windows 7 brings with it a modern look-and-feel and the 64-bit version removes the data size limitations inherent in the 32 bit application. It is now possible to acquire very large data sets in (EFTEM) Tomography, Spectrum Imaging and Diffraction Imaging, giving you more freedom to explore and enhancing your research capabilities.
- AutoFilter®: GMS 2 introduces a redesigned AutoFilter® palette which differs from its predecessor both in terms of appearance and also in functionality. The AutoFilter® palette is divided into three functional groups:
- Filter status and control
- Tuning and alignment
- Data acquisition
- AutoMap: EFTEM elemental mapping and EFTEM Spectrum Imaging (EFTEMSI) have been greatly improved by providing auto-exposure & auto-binning for one-click acquisition.The AutoMap functionality includes support for:
- AutoPEELS: The EELS acquisition interface has been completely revised in GMS 2, with the interface based on the popular ENFINA® style UI used in earlier versions of GMS. New features include auto collection-angle determination, predictive auto-exposure, autocorrelation of cumulative spectra and spliced RangeEELS*.
EELS Range spectrum, acquired over 7 spliced segments each with 10 summed spectra.
- Advanced AutoFilter® Suite: A new product, Advanced AutoFilter® Suite, is now also available for GIF Tridiem® 863 users. It provides an elemental/sample centric approach to acquiring data and supports automation and reproducibility. This product includes three tools to unify data acquisition and analysis between EELS and EFTEM:
- EFTEM multi-mapping
- Advanced EFTEM-SI
- EELS Range