Advanced EELS and EFTEM Training School GmbH
This is an intensive 4-day training school in Jülich that incorporates lectures, computer laboratories and microscope practical classes to provide participants with comprehensive, hands-on training on advanced electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) and energy-filtered TEM (EFTEM) topics. Practical sessions on the microscope will be given at the Ernst Ruska-Center for Microscopy in Jülich using a Cs probe corrected FEI Titan equipped with a X-FEG and a fully loaded Enfinium™ ER and the Cs/Cc corrected Pico microscope equipped with monochromator, a X-FEG and GIF Quantum® ERS system.
This course focuses on the advanced practice of EELS imaging and analysis in the (S)TEM microscope on advanced based EELS techniques. A good experience with electron microscopy and EELS is highly recommended. By the end of the course, participants can expect to get the best out of their EELS spectrometer and know how to best optimize the experimental conditions in order to capture the maximum amount of information out of the TEM samples using EELS.
- Advanced EFTEM techniques
- Advanced EELS acquisition techniques – extended dynamic range and DualEELS™
- Advanced EELS processing techniques, MLLS and NLLS fitting
- Aberration correction
- Monochromated EELS
- Quantification using EELS
- Ultrafast compositional mapping
- High-energy resolution chemical mapping and identification of different chemical phases
- High-energy resolution EELS STEM analysis
- Atomic resolved level analysis using EELS
- Atomic EFTEM on the Pico Microscope
- How to best optimize the spectrometer and increase the sensitivity
- STEM diffraction imaging techniques
- How to set up the microscope to get the best EELS results
The course is limited to 20 participants due to the extensive microscope classes.
For the data processing classes, we recommend each participant to bring their own laptop, we will install the latest version of DigitalMicrograph® software.
For details regarding the school curriculum, fees, location, accommodations, and travel, please contact Dr. Andreas Kastenmueller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration fees include access to the school, print outs of the lectures, daily coffee breaks and lunches, and a celebration dinner at a local restaurant.
Registration fees: 850 Euro including taxes.
Contact: Dr. Andreas Kastenmueller: email@example.com