Advanced EELS and EFTEM Training School at MINATEC
The Gatan Advanced EELS and EFTEM Training School in Grenoble, France is an intensive 4 day training school that incorporates lectures, computer laboratories and microscope practical classes to provide participants with comprehensive, hands-on training on advanced electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) and energy-filtered TEM (EFTEM) topics. Practical sessions on the microscope will be given at the PNFC, MINATEC in Grenoble using a Cs corrected FEI Titan Ultimate equipped with X-FEG, monochromator and a fully loaded GIF Quantum® ERS, as well as a Tecnai Osiris with a GIF Quantum system.
Course focuses on the advanced practice of EELS imaging and analysis in the (S)TEM microscope on advanced based EELS techniques. A good experience with electron microscopy and EELS is highly recommended. By the end of the course, participants can expect to get the best out of their EELS spectrometer and know how to optimize the experimental conditions in order to capture the maximum amount of information out of the TEM samples using EELS.
- Advanced EFTEM techniques
- Advanced EELS acquisition techniques—extended dynamic range and DualEELS™
- Advanced EELS processing techniques, MLLS and NLLS fitting
- Aberration correction
- Monochromated EELS
- Quantification using EELS
- Ultrafast compositional mapping
- High-energy resolution chemical mapping and identification of different chemical phases
- High-energy resolution EELS STEM analysis
- Atomic resolved level analysis using EELS
- How to best optimize the spectrometer and increase the sensitivity
- STEM diffraction imaging techniques
- How to set up the microscope to get the best EELS results
Course is limited to 16 participants due to the extensive microscope classes. For data processing classes, we recommend each participant to bring their own laptop, we will install the latest version of DigitalMicrograph™ software.
- Registration is closed
- Please see other EELS and EFTEM training events
Mr. Vincent Richard at email@example.com