EELS & EFTEM Analysis Virtual Training School - April 2021
The premier EELS and EFTEM School continues as a virtual event for April 2021. As always, the training will include live, interactive microscope, and computer analysis sessions.
What you need to know:
- Four day program.
- Easy-to-use virtual platform with complete, interactive training program.
- Full access, 24 hours per day, for all worldwide time zones.
- Self-paced learning.
- Faculty of Gatan EELS engineers, product managers, and software experts.
- On-demand, pre-recorded video lessons on key EELS and EFTEM topics with Q&A chat channels.
- Live microscope laboratories: Remote microscope sessions demonstrating next-generation EELS imaging and spectroscopy systems and software. These sessions will also be recorded.
- Live Gatan Microscopy Suite® (GMS) software analysis laboratories: Live presentations, data analyses, and discussions using the latest version of GMS. These sessions will be also recorded.
- Live, daily chat rooms for Q&A and open discussions between participants and instructors.
- Community of 100-150 participants/EELS users.
- Private Q&A chat and 1-on-1 video meeting channels with instructors during school hours (8:00-18:00).
- Complete training module: Lectures, laboratories, GMS demonstration software, sample data, product literature, and EELS Atlas app provided as downloads.
- Full access to the school virtual platform and materials 14 days after the school.
Electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) is a powerful technique that provides both compositional and chemical information from sub-nanometer areas in the sample. As a course attendee, you will learn best practices to set up and optimize your EELS hardware and experimental protocols so you can capture and extract the maximum amount of compositional and chemical information from your TEM samples. Topics include:
- Fundamentals of EELS and energy-filtered imaging in TEM
- Principles of operation of Gatan EFTEM and EELS systems
- Optimization of EFTEM and EELS data acquisition
- Quantification of elemental composition
- Other information provided by EFTEM/EELS and how best to extract it
- Use of EELS signals to form maps of elemental and chemical composition
- EFTEM and STEM EELS spectrum imaging techniques
- Identification of material phases via EELS fine structure mapping
- Applications to biological and physical science specimens
Space is very limited. Once we receive and confirm your registration, you will receive a secure link to pay online with a credit card. Payment is required 15 days before the start of the school to secure your seat. If you have any questions regarding Gatan training schools, please email us at email@example.com.