The Elsa™ cryo-transfer holder is a next generation, a single-tilt liquid nitrogen holder designed for the frost-free transfer of a sample at liquid nitrogen temperature into a transmission electron microscope (TEM). This holder is primarily used for imaging radiation-sensitive, frozen-hydrated specimens for single particle cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM).
- Larger dewar, redesigned from the ground up: Increases the liquid nitrogen volume by 2.5x
- Extended hold time: Allows >9 h below -145 °C and >8 h of stable, high-resolution imaging
- <1.5 nm/min drift rate: Ensures that images quality is high during data collection
- Resolve <2.3 Å features: Enables high-resolution imaging even under cryo-conditions
- Centrosymmetric design: Reduces settling and drift, during tomography, by maintaining the center of gravity during a stage tilt
This holder comes with two different tip configurations. The ultra-low profile uses the Gatan Quickload™ clipring-free mechanism to secure the specimen and provide the highest tilt range of any side entry cryo-transfer holder available today (±80° tilt). While the standard tip, which is often considered the easiest for novice users, uses a clipring mechanism to secure the sample.