Introducing the BioContinuum™ HD – The only fully-featured, post-column imaging and energy filter for life and material science applications. The BioContinuum HD provides zero-loss filtering to improve the contrast of transmission electron microscope (TEM) images and can be upgraded with the capability to acquire electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) and energy-filtered transmission electron microscopy (EFTEM) data.
The BioContinuum HD combines the latest generation of GIF electron optics, the K3® camera's transformative direct detection technology, and Gatan’s world-class EELS and EFTEM acquisition and analysis capabilities. This powerful combination of energy filter, camera, and software is optimized for cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM), cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET), low-dose STEM spectrum imaging, EELS, and EFTEM. With the BioContinuum HD, you can successfully gain insight into the atomic structure of biological macromolecules, disease progression at the molecular level, and broaden your research to applications at the convergence of life and material science.
Providing the most easy-to-use and versatile system, the BioContinuum HD imaging filter can be controlled by the powerful Gatan Microscopy Suite® of software including DigitalMicrograph®, STEMPack™ spectrum imaging, Latitude® S, Latitude T, and Latitude D. Alternatively, the BioContinuum imaging filter can be integrated into Thermo Scientific EPU software, Thermo Scientific Tomography software, Serial EM, and Leginion for traditional life science data collection.
The BioContinuum imaging filter is available in two different models:
|Real-time motion correction||Optional||Optional|
|Integrated centered beam stop||Optional||Optional|
|Integrated BF/DF detector for STEM imaging||-||Optional|
The BioContinuum HD imaging filter is compatible with most TEMs from Thermo Fisher, JEOL, and Hitachi.
Stable, aberration-corrected optics
- Lowest image and energy distortion: Cutting-edge optics reduce image distortion and provide uniform imaging over the entire field of view
- Most stable optics in the market: Extremely stable ZLP positioning offers consistent data quality with no downtime in imaging
High-quality, high-throughput direct detection imaging
- Highest DQE and widest operating voltage range: Acquire data at the highest resolutions from 80 – 300 kV
- High-speed data collection: Routinely collect >600 movies per hour
- Large field of view: Ideal to maximize productivity in single particle analysis and for collecting the highest resolution images within the larger biological context for cryo-ET
Easy to use
- Powered by the DigitalMicrograph, Latitude, and AutoFilter® platforms: Is simple to operate without sacrificing any of the power or flexibility needed for modern experiments
- One-button tuning and alignment on all detectors: Smart algorithms speed up and streamline optics alignment for all users
Versatile upgrade path
- Future-proof your investment: Easily upgrade your existing equipment from a BioQuantum® K2 all the way to the BioContinuum HD with EELS and EFTEM acquisition
|Modulation transfer function (MTF) curves|
|200 kV||300 kV|
Continuing our prosperous collaborations that built the K2, the K3 is the successful result of Peter Denes' team at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and David Agard.