The BioContinuum™ imaging filter combines the latest generation in electron optics with a transformative direct detection system that streamlines single-particle imaging and studies of cellular organization and ultrastructure. Ideally suited for low-dose imaging applications, the BioContinuum is optimized for cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) and cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET) to gain further insight into system function and disease progression at the molecular level.
- Highest DQE available: Confidently detect smaller particles, distinguish conformational changes, perform cryo-ET at a lower dose, and preserve higher-resolution information for 3D reconstruction
- Intelligent tuning: Use smart algorithms to speed up and streamline optics alignment for both novice and expert users
- 1,500 full frames per second: Acquire 3.75 times the speed of the GIF Quantum® LS imaging filter
- 24-megapixels field of view: Capture 1.6 times the size of the GIF Quantum® LS imaging filter
- Lowest image distortion: Utilize the Continuum’s cutting-edge optics to reduce image distortion while maximizing the available imaging area with the K3™ direct detector
|Modulation transfer function (MTF) curves|
|200 kV||300 kV|
Continuing our prosperous collaborations that built the K2, the K3 is the successful result of Peter Denes' team at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and David Agard.