BioContinuum™ delivers the most powerful imaging performance in the life sciences sector. The BioContinuum imaging filter combines the latest generation electron optics with K3® camera's transformative direct detection technology that streamlines single-particle imaging and studies of cellular organization and ultrastructure at low electron dose. Ideally suited for low-dose imaging applications, the BioContinuum is optimized for cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) and cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET) to gain further insight into system function and disease progression at the molecular level.
- Highest detective quantum efficiency (DQE): Image smaller particles with high contrast at a lower dose
- Highest imaging throughput available in the market: Collect high-quality cryo-EM datasets in a fraction of time (6 – 20 times faster) as compared to the leading competition
- Intelligent tuning: Smart algorithms allow ultra-fast zero-loss peak (ZLP) centering and filter tuning for both novice and expert users
- Most stable optics in the market: Extremely stable ZLP positioning offers consistent data quality with no downtime in imaging
- Lowest image distortion: Utilize the Continuum’s cutting-edge optics to reduce image distortion while maximizing the available imaging area with the K3 direct detector
- 1,500 full frames per second: Acquire 3.75 times the speed of the GIF Quantum® LS imaging filter
- 24-megapixels field of view: Capture 1.6 times the size of the GIF Quantum® LS imaging filter
|Modulation transfer function (MTF) curves|
|200 kV||300 kV|
Continuing our prosperous collaborations that built the K2, the K3 is the successful result of Peter Denes' team at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and David Agard.